7/13/2007

Wistfulness

Right now, what I'd like to be doing more than anything, anything, anything is to sit down in a nice brewpub at a table that can magically accommodate all my worldwide friends and we can all still hear each other, and drink lots of very fine beer and have lots of very fine conversation for many, many, many hours and, again magically, nobody would have to drive home because there would be jinns on magic carpets who would take us all home and make sure we were warm and safe to drift off into a beer-calmed sleep and nobody would have a hangover the next day.

Wouldn't that be nice?

6 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Helen V. said...

Can you please include a well-stoked wine bar on the side? I'm not a beer fancier. Or I could bring my own.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

The jinns (djinni?) will bring all the wine you want. Omar Khayyam says so.

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Rod said...

Sign me up! I'd love a place to enjoy good beer while engaging in conversation with friends I don't get to see often enough.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Chard said...

My beloved spouse is looking at arranging a house-swap, perhaps next year. She's targeted a house in North Sydney with a view of the harbour and bridge.

So there is hope. And beer.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

How long would you be staying in this North Shore house? (It's THE hoity-toity area of Sydney, I have to tell you.)

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count me in! We saw Monty Python and the Holy Grail this weekend at our local art house and are sooo nostalgic for you good old friends!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home