7/06/2010

My story "Turcotte's Battle" is out now.

My homage to Iron Chef, which I have titled "Turcotte's Battle," is available now in issue #19 of Wet Ink. It's an Aussie literary mag (so if you're in Oz, check your local newsagent or independent bookstore); I'm told it's also available from some US and UK newsstands and bookstores. If you can't find it and would like to read not only my story but a bunch more worthwhile stuff, you can always go to their web site (as per link in the first sentence here) and order it online.

I am very, very happy to have a story in this magazine: first, they get about 600 submissions a month, so it's very affirming to have made the cut. Second, it's a literary magazine, most of which don't bother with genre* fiction at all, and it's heartening that at least one has the sense of adventure to assert that genre can also mean quality. Third, it's always nice to offer a story you love (and I do love this one, I must say) to a new audience.

*genre=fantasy, science fiction, horror, westerns, romance, techno-thriller, adventure, etc. etc.

3 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Houston Dunleavy said...

It looks great!

 
At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura! Well done :) It was marvellous to see your name on the Wet Ink web site. Congratulations and Kudos to you! I generally flick through this mag at our library, so, I'll check the box this week to see if it's in.

PLUS, it's always nice to see another Iron Chef (& Rockwiz?) fan...

Cheers,

Greg

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

Thanks, all!

@Greg -- Definitely Iron Chef, Rockwiz less so but I still enjoy it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home