10/17/2008

Milford Feng Shui

The town of Milford, Pennsylvania is a hotbed of creativity, particularly for writers of speculative fiction. I am not making this up. The workshop method that later became Clarion and similar workshops was invented here by Damon Knight and other spec-fic authors of quite a bit of renown. Not only that, but plenty of artists, filmmakers, and musicians have found that Milford is good for their productivity.

Houston and I tend to find the same thing. For example, today I sent out three pieces. I haven't done three sendouts in one day in months and months. One of those was a newly finished piece — I haven't finished a piece in about two months, either.

Wanna see why Milford is so good for the artist's soul? I took these photos yesterday as Margaret and I were walking around. (I think I took all of them; one might be Margaret's.)






And that's just a sample of the amazing foliage (as well as the less transitory scenery). And it's quiet. And small. And pretty much everything is within walking distance. And I'm in the middle of cooking another fabulous meal for my mom (boeuf bourguignon with ricotta-and-parmesan mashed potatoes, and Margaret helped me make some pumpkin pie, which we will have with whipped cream). Life is good here. And my productivity levels are soaring.

2 Comments:

At 2:25 AM, Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

Perhaps you all should consider moving back to the U.S.

I hear Cleveland is looking for people.

: )

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

Cleveland would be okay. I'd be okay with Cleveland. But right now it looks like Australia is still the go. There are advantages (such as universal health care, for example, and EXTREMELY cheap university education).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home