7/22/2006

The kids read through Act I today.

The reading of Act I actually went better than I had feared. The kids laughed at the jokes, enjoyed the conflict scenes, and had already decided amongst themselves who they thought should be playing each role. They're enthusiastic about doing a world premier to begin with, and the fact that I'm specifically designing the play to be fun for them is a bonus. (Apparently the most recent few works they've been performing have been somewhat angst-y and avant-gardey. One of them said, "My father will be so glad we're putting on a normal play.") Even the director/producer is happy with it.

Whew!

Now: to write Act II....

1 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home