12/17/2011

Adventures In Poetry!




I'm very happy and honored to tell you I've been selected as one of Australian Poetry's Cafe Poets for the first half of 2012! The object of the game is to get poetry out of the garret and into the marketplace. Specifically, in this case, a bold band of poets disperses to the cafes of their choice (and which have agreed to be part of the program). The poets sit and drink tea (or coffee, I suppose) and work on their poetry projects, and the cafe people bring them the tea (or coffee) gratis, in return for the Good Artistic Vibes and the fact that the poet will be working with the cafe to run poetry-related events during their tenure (thus, presumably, increasing the cafe's custom). Moreover, the poet seeks publicity for the endeavor, further promoting the cafe, the poet, Australian Poetry, and poetry in general. Win-win-win-win-win!

My venue will be Yours and Owls, at 95a Crown Street in Wollongong (across from the Town Hall). I have yet to work out the specifics of when I'll be at my post, and of what poetry events I'll be coordinating (and when they'll be). But stay tuned! If you're in Wollongong, or even Sydney, come and write with me! Or read at one of the readings I'll be setting up! Or compete in one of the slams! Or just keep reading this blog as I periodically share my experiences! Or just use more exclamation points — the world needs more enthusiasm!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger fullsoulahead.com said...

Awesome! What a wonderful concept! You'll be great! Happy Holidays Laura!

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

Thanks -- I'll let you know how it goes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home