4/23/2011

Why I love my advisor/supervisor, reason #372

Okay, so, we're at Swancon, yeah? And I'm talking with my advisor/supervisor, Van Ikin, and we see someone across the lobby carrying a conspicuously large scepter, topped by a green glass orb. Very eye-catching. She begins to dance. "She's...she's dancing with it," I gasp (somewhat unnecessarily).

"Well, what else would you do with a scepter?" says Van. "If you just stand around with it looking regal, that's stupid." He pauses. "Scepter is as scepter does."

2 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Houston Dunleavy said...

Ahhhh would that all my postgraduates had written like that about ME on their blogs ;-)

Nice story :)

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Helen V. said...

That makes perfect sense. It could only happen at a speculative fiction con. I love cons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home